Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ingwerplatzchen



This is my latest elf.

His name is Ingwerplatzchen. It is supposed to mean something along the lines of Ginger Nut, but since I don't really speak German, I could be w-a-y off.


If you would be so kind as to humor me, I would appreciate it greatly.

Here he is from the back. One should never step out of the house without checking the rear view.

He is made of polymer clay over a wire armature. Ingwerplatzchen was hand painted.

He has Tibetan lamb's wool hair, inset glass eyes, applied eyelashes, and his own set of needle felted clothes.

He carries an acorn.

It just sort of went with his outfit.

He isn't one of Santa's elves. He was worried about the pressure of deadlines and such.

Instead, he works outside, helping Mother Nature keep things in balance.

There is a little more "flow" and a little less hurry.

I hope you like him. He was a joy to make.


Until next time, happy holiday making!


Theresa

15 comments:

  1. I'm loving your elf! He is utterly enchanting! Great attention to detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchanting is the perfect word to describe him! He's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't he the cutest elf ever! I wuv him :)

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little fellow is my kind of elf! What a cutie he is!
    Gourdie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh your work is just wonderful!! This sweet little elf - tooo cute!!
    Thank you for following us on Magical Holiday Artist!!Namaste, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. This elf is so cute!! great work!!!!
    greetings from Italy,
    Barbara!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that is the cutest little elf!!!
    Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great work, almost human, Im sure he would say he was LOL, even if his name doesnt mean ginger nut hes beautiful.
    XXX E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone! I really liked him. You should see the one I received back in the swap! Darling! I'll post pix of that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is amazing. This little elf is truly magical.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! He's darling! Such a sweet little face!
    Smiles-
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's adorable, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Theresa, your elf is fabulous and I find name Ingwerplatzchen most better as Ingwernuss (that is German name for ginger nut): Ingwerplatzchen mean: ginger cookie, and he is sweet like cake :)
    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Studena! Ginger cookie IS kind of cute. (At least I got the "ginger" part right!) :)

    ReplyDelete