Monday, June 1, 2009

Disney at Night


Disney at Night
Originally uploaded by etrusia_uk

Two blond bookends holding in waves of book free words. That about sums up our trip to Disney for my son's birthday.

We took a friend that D met during soccer season. He seemed like a nice boy, but I didn't realize just how perfect a match he would be as an amusement park buddy.

The two of them talked. And talked. And talked. And they totally "got" one another. My son was talking about negative G's and M not only failed to have his eyes glaze over, but he understood what was being said. AND he contributed some new ideas that D hadn't pondered before. Go figure!

They made up stories about each ride. They came up with code names for one another. They requested the same kinds of food. They negotiated using rock paper scissors. It was charming and heartwarming.

Let it be known that I am not a huge Disney fan. I don't love most of the characters and I DEFINITELY don't love the prices for...well, just about everything in the park. That being said, it was the best day I have had in a long time.

It is a beautiful thing to watch two young people using their manners, enjoying one another's company, and being absolutely and unapologetically silly.

And I also got to have a date with my husband on top of it.

Until next time, happy observing!

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment