Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WEIRD LEMON

While in the desert last weekend, my daughter took my nephew on an adventure walk. They found a tree with fruit still on it, but the weight of the fruit let them know that it was old and not likely to be edible.

They decided to bring one home anyway, just to see what was inside.


I have been around awhile and have seen lots of pithy fruit in my day. I expected to see dried out, dessicated yuckiness, but I didn't expect to see a lemon tree sprouting INSIDE the lemon!

Will wonders never cease?

Of course, we gently plucked out the sprouting seed and planted it in a little pot. It remains to be seen how well it will grow outside of the peel! We shall see.


To my artsy friends, I am photographing some paperclay heads for your perusal. The question remains; do I bother to make them bodies or stick them in a box? They should be posted by tomorrow.


Until next time, happy discovery!

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment