Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yudu? I don't!


I bought the Yudu as a birthday gift for myself last year because I love to make silly/quirky things and I always have these great ideas for t-shirt logos...usually while driving.
I digress.

At any rate, I watched the informercials, double checked the early reviews and thought I had a winner on my hands. When the $50 off coupon at Michaels came up, I pounced.

Well....the Yudu isn't as easy to use (in my humble opinion) as they would have you believe. In fact, tenacious though I may be, I am about ready to quit. I broke down today and took a peek at non brand products that may be easier to use.

The main problem I have had is with the emulsion sheets. They don't cover well or easily and they take forever to dry. They aren't cheap, either! If you goof them up, which apparently I am not alone at doing as this is the major complaint I see on the sites, you can put yourself into the poor house.

I broke down and purchased a hack kit with a different kind of emulsifier for the screen that is supposed to be compatible. The reviews from real crafters seem to suggest that this is an easier way to go.

I sure hope so! I am tired of all of my wicked-cool t-shirt ideas just bouncing around inside my head.

Until next time, here's wishing you good products!

Theresa

1 comment:

  1. owww Theresa....tell me more about this please. I have been doing some of my doodles and would love to do a few as tshirts. Explain Lucy...LOL!!!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete